Every Minnesota chiropractor is impacted by decisions made at the state capitol.
Your involvement is essential, but proactive legislative activity is time consuming and costly. The MCA combines the support of doctors across the state and experts in the area of state government to advocate for changes in public policy that promote
Advocacy is a core function of the MCA, and our staff and lobbyists have been in the trenches promoting and protecting chiropractic inclusion in health care programs like HMO’s, Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare. Without the MCA, chiropractic care may have been virtually eliminated from workers’ compensation and personal injury in the past.
The MCA legislative team can not do it alone; they need your help and your voice. Without a strong grass roots effort we cannot outmaneuver or outspend those who oppose us at the capitol. However, with your support, anything is possible!
Healthcare will continue to be a prominent focus in the Minnesota Legislature. Convincing lawmakers that access to chiropractic doctors is imperative is a top priority of the MCA. With a showing of 100% support you will put power behind
our legislative motion.
Why Get Involved Today?
- Simply put, it’s your profession and your right to practice is at stake, get involved and PROTECT IT
- Every year we look for opportunities to introduce legislation and monitor other bills we oppose
- In November 2020, all 201 seats in the Minnesota Legislature will be on the ballot – you have the ability to influence who sits in those seats!
- With active participation and financial donations the MCA and its members can be a part of every House and Senate campaign
- Supporting today will assist in getting support for our profession in the future
2021 Legislative Priorities
The MCA believes that patients should have access to clinical services and providers that best meet their needs and the MCA will actively pursue legislative, administrative, and other initiatives that promote the following policies:
- Health Care Provider Tax. Due to the disproportionate impact that the Health Care Provider Tax places on small, independent health care providers, such as chiropractic practices, and patients of those providers, alternatives that will relieve this burden must be sought and any efforts to increase the Health Care Provider Tax in the future must be opposed.
- No Fault Automobile Insurance. Minnesota’s current no fault automobile insurance system must protect the patient’s ability to choose the provider of his or her choice and to receive the necessary health care for injuries resulting from accidents covered by no fault automobile insurance while fraud, waste, and abuse in the current system must be eliminated in collaboration with all impacted stakeholders.
- Patient Access. Patients must be allowed access to comprehensive chiropractic services in public plans, and other health care products, by allowing Doctors of Chiropractic to practice at the top of their licenses, providing patients access to services delivered through modern technology, providing patient access to effective and lower cost non-pharmacologic chiropractic therapies, and by ensuring that payments and reimbursement policies for chiropractic services are the same as those similar and same services provided by other health care providers.
- Professional Integrity. Professional responsibility, integrity, and high standards of competence and skill are the guiding principles for Doctors of Chiropractic with their ultimate goal being treatment that results in the greatest good for the patient. The MCA supports professional standards that honor the history and tradition of chiropractic while protecting the public through clear professional standards and effective enforcement of those standards.
- Other Chiropractic Issues. From time-to-time federal and state legislation is introduced that may impact the Chiropractic profession in Minnesota. The MCA will actively monitor and work on these issues, and through the American Chiropractic Association on the federal level, to promote Chiropractic in Minnesota and access to all Minnesotans.
In order to protect and advance the chiropractic profession in Minnesota, we must develop and maintain a strong grass roots organization through a volunteer KEY DOCTOR PROGRAM.