COVID-19 Resource Page
CHIROPRACTIC IS ESSENTIAL
As the State of MN and individuals move towards integration and “business as usual”, the MCA urges you to follow safe guidelines (including social distancing, cleaning/disinfecting and hygiene) as recommended by the CDC, MN Dept of Health as well as any county or local health departments. Additionally, use your clinical skills as you begin to see more patients, including wellness and maintenance care patients. Always continue to educate yourself and stay up to date on the latest federal, state and your local health department recommendations.
The MCA recommends that you have COVID-19 pre-screening practices and documentation in place.
Examples of website and/or online booking wording:
At our office, your health and safety are our top priorities. Chiropractic care is available in-office for patients meeting the COVID-19 safety guidelines. DO NOT COME INTO THE OFFICE IF YOU, A FAMILY MEMBER OR OTHER PERSON YOU ARE IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH HAS BEEN DIAGNOSISED OR IS WAITING ON A TEST RESULT. Telehealth sessions are also available and can be easily booked online.
The health and safety of our patients, staff and visitors at our office are very important.
We review changes daily, and incorporate information from the CDC, Minnesota Department of Health, Minnesota Chiropractic Association (MCA) and updates through local media.
Some of the key operational changes we have made so far to limit the likelihood of COVID transmission:
- Change the structure of how and when we see patients according to their symptoms.
- Allowing additional time to see patients so we have time to properly disinfect.
- Discontinued walk-in visits to ensure that we are able to triage all patient symptoms before patients arrive at our facilities.
- Enacted visitor restrictions to one parent/guardian per patient.
- Implemented telemedicine visits that will allow patients to discuss symptoms, progress, recommendations, plan and determine immediate need for care
- Tables and components are disinfected between EVERY patient.
- Any additional therapy equipment and supplies are either disinfected or disposed of properly between every patient.
- The clinics will be cleaned and sanitized before and at the end of day in preparation for visitors.
If you have an upcoming visit or are wanting to schedule and are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please call the office and reschedule for a later date. It is also our recommendation that you enter a 2-week self-quarantine.
- Fever (+100.4)
- Cough (Productive or Non-Productive)
- Bronchitis or Respiratory Infection
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- Digestive Complaints, including Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Severe fatigue not associated with travel, myalgia and/or arthralgia.
Examples of chart documentation:
- Having personally or being in contact with any family, friend or co-worker with a fever, cold or flu symptoms (including fatigue, cough, aches/pains non-musculoskeletal in nature, vomiting and/or diarrhea) within the last two weeks.
- Having traveled or been non-compliant with the Social Distancing and Stay-At Home orders in place.
- Having or been near any family member, friend or co-worker who has or had been suspected of having COVID19.
Today before his office visit, John Doe denies to office staff the following in regard to COVID-19:
- Having or being in contact with any family, friend or co-worker with a fever or anyone who has had one within the last two weeks.
- Themselves or any family member, friend or co-worker who currently has or had any cold or flu symptoms ( ie. fever, tiredness and a cough that isn't necessarily productive, aches, pains, runny nose or nasal congestion, and vomiting or diarrhea).
- They have not traveled abroad in the last two weeks or been in contact with any family member, friend or co-worker who has.
- They have not been near any family member, friend or co-worker who has or had been suspected of having COVID19.
Advertising and marketing caveat:
Due to the lack of research and the severity of COVID-19, it is negligent to make any claims for treatment or cure. There are currently no therapies, medications or over the-counter products proven to treat or cure COVID-19. This includes promoting chiropractic care or other healing modalities that are not substantiated by peer-reviewed journal articles (such as PubMed or JMPT), the WHO and the WFC.
MCA strongly recommends that our members exercise extreme care when writing blogs, newsletter, patient emails and anything sent out on social media. Regulators are on high alert for the exploitation of the pandemic and may view as grounds for license suspension any claim that certain treatments can prevent or cure COVID-19 until more is known about the virus. For example, it would be misleading and prohibited to advertise that adjustments or natural remedies can cure or lessen this illness.
Please refer to the Advertising Rules by the Minnesota Board of Chiropractic Examiners (MBCE) for further information and specific details.
The MCA is making available to our members a template letter for our doctors to provide to their patients regarding the COVID-19 virus (coronavirus). The letter explains the steps you are taking in your offices to protect your patients.
- COVID-19 Information for Minnesotans
- Health Care: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Unemployment Insurance
- Governor Walz and Lt. Governor Flanagan Newsroom
- COVID-19, sick leave and unemployment insurance in Minnesota: What workers need to know
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Unemployment Benefits
- MN Dept. of Revenue – Response to COVID-19